Friday, April 29, 2011

Tech Blog: Gate's Web Education

In an article from TechCrunch, Bill Gates is to have said that in a matter of years education will be mostly web-based. Web-based, as in online, as in no one has to GO anywhere to get an education. Good news for me as an elementary educator, he also said that "ducational institutions are still vital for children, K-12". However, for college students, apparently, hearing a lecture online is as beneficial as being in a classroom.

I strongly disagree.

I'm sure I've talked about learning types on here before, so I won't go into great detail, but sitting at a computer listening to a lecture could be the very worst way for most students to learn. And even if it did work for some students, it would be so boring! While going to class isn't always ideal, seeing a lecture live and being able to interact with that lecturer enhances the educational process and is much more exciting.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/06/bill-gates-education/

No comments:

Post a Comment